Aletheia Anglican Academies Trust – Vision and strategic plan
Operating within the family of the Diocese of Rochester, Aletheia schools are motivated by Christian values to serve our local communities. Our schools seek to embody the Christian experience of community, where gifts are shared, where the emphasis is on what can be contributed and where each is given according to need. Aletheia schools welcome those of all faiths and none, and are proud of the inclusive nature and diversity of each cohort. At the heart of the Aletheia vision is the belief in educational excellence; the belief that Aletheia is called to serve pupils, staff, parents and the local community by providing places where children and young people develop and thrive intellectually, socially, culturally and spiritually.
Aletheia is committed to sustaining high quality schools, and supporting schools in need of specific improvement in some of the more challenging wards in Kent. More specifically primary sector provision in Dartford and Gravesham; Anglican and otherwise. Our focus is to provide school improvement services that draw on the wealth of practise from across our trust, broaden the expertise available to schools through flexible working arrangements and increase our capacity to quickly respond to the needs of individual schools. Pedagogical excellence is at the heart of all we do with a sustained focus on collaborative and mastery learning. Our Teacher Training ‘Hub’ status aids our mission to recruit, train and retain staff of the highest quality within our local community.
Belonging to a local Trust offers greater opportunities for influence than single schools can achieve: working together the Trust aims to be greater than the sum of its constituent schools. We see the growth of Aletheia as an opportunity for schools, leaders and governors to step forward as co-shapers of a school led and self- improving system in our area. The trust would like to become a sponsor to provide a credible alternative to existing providers, offering our distinctive ethos and strength of leadership to ensure all our schools are outstanding. We wish to grow our network of formal collaboration so as to broaden our ability to best match the experience and expertise of our teachers to the learning needs of individuals especially in areas of social deprivation.
AAAT will deliver its vision by:
- Developing a Trust for all ages /phases of education, working in partnership with each other, learning from each other
- Promoting a Church of England ethos which believes in the value and potential of every student to achieve excellence academically; in religious education and their wider studies and become fully the person God intends.
- Pursuing educational excellence, so that outcomes for all learners are as good as they can be.
- Creating strong leadership at all levels that impacts effectively on academy performance.
- Ensuring excellence in Central Services to deliver support to academies across the Trust.